SCINDeA in collaboration with Future Financial Services Private Limited, Bangalore through its partner CRHSE is implementing 3 tuition centres at Bharathidasan, Karuppanur and Samiyar Kottai villages in Tiruppattur Taluk, Vellore District, Tamil Nadu, India . This is a pilot project initially for 3 months ( September – November 2016).
- The MoU between SCINDeA and Future Financial Services Private Limited was entered into 01.09.2016
- The pilot project was initiated on September 1st. In the 1st week. The above mentioned 3 areas were selected through community meetings and 3 volunteers/teachers were short listed to conduct coaching classes for children in the evenings.
- Alongside a survey of potential school going children was also undertaken. When the evening coaching classes were started there were few children only. Today there are 52 children in Bharathidasan Nagar (boys 30 & girls 22)coaching centre, 52 children in Karuppanur (boys 29 & girls 23)coaching centre and 33 children in Samiyar Kottai(boys 13 & girls 20) coaching centre
- Education and Play materials for the 3 centres were purchased.
- The official inauguration of the 3 coaching centres was held on September 12th. Mr Harinath Reddy, Mr Puguzhendi, Mr Gunasekaran, Mr Karunakaran, Vaniyambadi Branch Regional Manager and Dr Bennet Benjamin Director CRHSE participated in the inaugural function. Education and Play materials along with sweets for the children were distributed in each of the 3 centres.
- On September 8th -10th , a training programme for 3 full days was organized for the 3 volunteers at the CRHSE Hayath Nagar office in Tirupattur. The 3 volunteers were trained in how to conduct coaching classes, their roles and responsibilities, record keeping, health and hygiene, 4 modules of life skill education and 4 modules of child rights and child protection.
- Regular coaching classes were started from September 5th . The timings of the 3 centres are 5-7.30pm. Every alternate Saturday the senior children are instructed in life skill education and child rights. The junior children (classes 1- 5) are coached in the evenings between 5-6pm after which it is play time for them. The senior children complete their given home work between 5 -7.30pm. They use the play materials during holidays and on Sundays
Child Rights and Life Skill Education